A WORD FROM AAJJP:
LLEAD (Legislate. Litigate. Educate. Advocate. Demonstrate) for Juvenile Justice and Equality)
Track One -Mental Health and Wellness
Parents, Pastors, Principals, Psychologist, Physicians and Pharmaceutical industry
Deprivation and Displacement of African-American Children and Families
The Role of DHR/DFCS/CPS
Distinguishing between poverty and blatant neglect
Medication of Children
Diagnosis of African American children
Track Two - Delinquency and the Prison Pipeline
Parents, Pastors, Principals, Police, Prosecutors and Prison Official
Delinquency and Detention of African-American Children Prison Pipeline
Defining delinquent offenses
The Role of the School System
Parenting a delinquent child (Knowing your rights)
1. "SHE" Sharing His/Her Experience (96): Life Skills and Mentoring Program for ages 8-12, 13-17 and 18-22
2. Project Three Strikes (05): Dismantling the three strikes and collateral consequences associated with criminal records: Education, Employment and Housing.
3. Six (6) P's and Six (6) P's to Life (05): The six factors that can prevent/reduce incarceration and recidivism: parents, pastors, principals, police, prosecutors and prison. The six factors that promote a healthier lifestyle for children: parents, pastors, principals, physicians, psychologist and pharmacist.
4. Reading from the Womb: Since 2008, AAJJP has donated books to OB/GYN offices in cribs, strollers and playpens for mothers-to-be to read to their unborn child with hopes that they will continue reading after birth.
Project Fresh Start
1). * Expungement 2). Restoration of Rights 3). Pardons 4). Motion to Seal
* States may assess fees for expungements, but we do not charge any fees for this service
1. Right to Know Program: Every child has the right to know his/her father.
2. Father's Rights Program: "A Father is More Than a Paycheck." Teaching young adults about parenthood and legal rights associated with parenting (custody, visitation and child support).
The Mock Trial Project
1. Mock Trial Project collaborates with programs and students to teach them about Constitutional rights, criminal justice and procedures.
Life Beyond Series (96): (Life Beyond, H.S., College, Prison, Single Parenting, Early Divorce, Death of a loved one or child).
LIST OF AREAS OF AAJJP SERVICES
Education and Presentation not Representation
We will deliver training services concerning discrimination based on race, etc. Many schools, churches, and communities are faced with diversity issues and we have more than 13 years experience teaching anti-racism, inclusion and/or diversity.
We will deliver programs and services to your community to discuss issues pertaining to landlord tenant, residential leases and rental agreements and meet with your church, tenant association, or home association to discuss various topics including foreclosure and mortgage issues. We can deliver services for churches about 1st time homebuying and discuss legal and ethical financing options and terms.
Our 6 P program will deliver program and services for parents, pastors, principals, physicians, psychologist, and pharmaceutical professionals to about the impact of crime, incarceration, housing and its impact healthcare. We will partner with pharmaceutical representatives to discuss the mental health and side effects of some medication. We will visit churches and nursing home establishments to discuss healthcare proxy and durable power of attorney, the Advance Directive Agent agreement, etc.
FAMILIES WITH LOVED ONES INCARCERATED OR IN NURSING HOMES
We will deliver programs and services concerning the legal rights of grandparents or caregivers of family members incarcerated or hospitalized individuals. We also help nursing home patients and their families to understand their legal rights.
Our 6 P's program will deliver legal programs and services for collaboration between parents, pastors, principals, police, prosecutors and prison systems. We will deliver programs to your school, PTA, church or organization. Expungement (restriction) seminars and programs for criminal prosecution are also available.
Our 4 E program will highlight Education + Employment + Economics = Empowerment. We will travel to provide programs and legal educational services to school districts, churches and faith based communities as well as organizations for children and youth. We will partner with business and civic leaders to educate, inform and inspire children and their families by sharing the law. We will develop and deliver legal educational material for your business or community.